Goals of the program
- Teach business skills, economics, global awareness and financial literacy through an interactive and engaging learning experience.
- Provide the opportunity to develop "soft skills" such as interpersonal communications, strategic thinking, creative problem-solving, and leadership.
- Provide an understanding of the various aspects of business, including marketing, production, finance, management, and human resources, allowing students to make more-informed career choices.
- Expose a variety of career opportunities, from entrepreneurial ventures to Fortune 500 companies in both the manufacturing and service sectors.
- Connect students with Northeast Ohio business resources to provide opportunities for future internships, employment and collaboration.
Learning About Business will grow to be recognized as the premier model empowering and inspiring students through an experiential business and entrepreneurial curriculum.
Learning About Business (501c3), in partnership with the Northeast Ohio business community, provides high school students an interactive business simulation that inspires innovation, develops leadership and fosters teamwork, benefiting them and their future employers.
The LAB Advisory Board, in hand with area business professionals, recognizes that the young people of today are our community's most significant investment. Through this unique and interactive program, students embrace key business concepts such as; Business Fundamentals, Management, Marketing & Advertising, Entrepreneurship, International Business, and Investing. By providing this opportunity for the students, the more prepared they will, in turn, be to contribute to the community. This concept is the passion that has long been a hallmark of LAB and remains the organizations focus to continue to deliver this award winning program to Northeast Ohio.
The LAB experience spreads beyond the classroom as many graduates elect to return to Northeast Ohio after college to pursue careers.